Ryanair and Aer Lingus have announced a number of flight cancellations from Irish airports due to strike action by French air traffic controllers. The industrial action will affect all flights that normally travel through French air space. As well as cancellations travellers should also expect flight delays.
Ciaran Mulligan MD of Multitrip.com said “Anyone travelling over the coming months should take additional ‘Travel Disruption Cover’ now as these strikes seem set to continue. Mulligan added “Unlike some other travel insurance policies, Multitrip.com automatically includes cover for strike action on all our cover levels for accommodation costs, however you will not be covered for strikes that were already publicly announced at the time you book your policy but you will have cover for any future unannounced strikes. But Holidaymakers and Business travellers want the extra protection in the event of their travel plans being interrupted due to the strike action and Travel Disruption Cover offers this extra protection.”
‘Travel Disruption Cover’ is available to add to all Multitrip.com policies including existing policies, but cover will only be effective seven days after it is added so it is important to upgrade/book your policy as soon as possible. ‘Travel Disruption Cover’ offers extended cover under delayed departure, missed departure and accommodation sections, should your flight be cancelled or delayed as a result of Strike and other circumstances such as volcanic ash etc
‘Travel Disruption Cover’ will provide the following cover in the event of Volcanic Ash:
- If your flight is cancelled or delayed for more than 12 hours it covers additional accommodation and travel costs up to €1,000.
- If your flight is cancelled or delayed for more than 12 hours then you can claim back up to €1,000 for irrecoverable unused travel and accommodation costs should you cancel.
- Claim back up to €1,000 for accommodation if you have to be moved from your current location or cut your trip short because of flood, earthquake, volcanic eruption etc.
- Covers cancellation or curtailment charges should the Foreign & Commonwealth Office or World Health Organisation advise against travel to the country or specific area you are travelling to.
- Gives you control of the situation and the added security that you have sufficient cover should an airline cancel, delay or redirect your flight after take-off.
To get an instant quote, visit www.multitrip.com or call us on 0818 44 44 44.