Strikes can unfortunately be common place in the aviation industry. Airline staff issues, traffic control strikes and other work relation disputes can all cause chaos during the year but in particularly during the upcoming busy summer period. Ciaran Mulligan, MD of Multitrip.com Travel Insurance, spoke to Fran of the “Tipp Today Show” on Tipp FM recently to talk about all things travel disruption. He covers upcoming planned airline strikes, weather disruption issues and the importance of having Travel Disruption Cover as part of any travel insurance policy. You can hear the the interview in full below.
When it comes to Strike action, Travel Disruption Cover will help you in the following ways:
- If your flight is cancelled or delayed for more than 12 hours it covers additional accommodation and travel costs up to €1,000.
- If your flight is cancelled or delayed for more than 12 hours then you can claim back up to €1,000 for irrecoverable unused travel and accommodation costs should you cancel.
- Claim back up to €1,000 for accommodation if you must be moved from your current location or cut your trip short because of flood, earthquake, volcanic eruption etc.
- Covers cancellation or curtailment charges should the Foreign & Commonwealth Office or World Health Organisation advise against travel to the country or specific area you are travelling to.
- Gives you control of the situation and the added security that you have sufficient cover should an airline cancel, delay or redirect your flight after take-off.